Nowadays we communicate more online than in reality. From Facebook to Twitter & LinkedIn, our Professional Digital Identity is more important than we realize. It can be the deal breaker to landing your dream job, dating your ideal man or simply getting the right kind of business.
First impressions are imperative to setting the tone and telling your audience exactly what you are about. These impressions are made within the first 7-17seconds of seeing the Profile Picture. Research has shown that 93 % is based on the appearance & body language of the person only 7% are the words you say or write.
Consistency is imperative to creating your Digital Identity and building a strong personal brand
How do you create your Professional Digital Identity?
1. Look into the Camera when having your photo taken. Eyes can tell volumes about the person. Smiling can open up your eyes and give you the confidence you want to exude.
2. Make sure the lighting is right. Never take a pic when the light is behind you. Opt for natural side lighting or studio lighting.
3. Your Digital Profile pic should be about you, not your dog, child or a beer in hand. Get someone else to take the pic so it doesn’t look like a selfie. Selfies can give the impression of being desperate or self- absorbed. Too many selfies can be a result of a lack of self-confidence. Selfies in a group are more acceptable. These are, however, not recommended for your Digital Identity Photograph.
4. Use the same profile pic across all platforms if you are a businessman or woman. You are the first point of call in your business, not your logo or staff. You need to uphold the image of your company. People do business with people, not your logo.
5. Be careful what you post. One incorrect post can destroy your digital identity.
6. The Psychology of colour is important to understand when choosing what to wear. Different colours have different meanings. Be sure to choose a colour which conveys the correct message about you and your business.
7. Frame your Portrait. Keep the detail towards the top. Choose statement pieces which reflect your Style Personality.
Your Professional Digital Identity is imperative to your success. It could be the start of your dream job or landing a deal of a lifetime. Once you have, don’t forget to deliver the goods!
If you need help creating your Professional Digital Identity you are welcome to email me: email@example.com , I would love to assist!